san diego: an instagram adventure
August 20, 2012 § Leave a comment
A view from the train on my way to Orange County.
A layover at the Houston airport.
Palm trees: no big deal in Cali, but a sight for this lady’s sore eyes.
This is what I look like on the Ocean Beach Pier.
The terrace pool at our hotel, where extreme silliness ensued on my birthday, including water aerobics and synchronized swimming.
For many, many moons I had looked forward to my trip to San Diego and now it’s over.
I can’t tell you how much fun I had and what an amazing vacation it was. I feel so fortunate that I have such a close-knit, wonderful group of friends that after eight months of separation I could fit in seamlessly as if no time had passed at all. Despite it’s cheesiness, it’s true, friends are family you choose … and I have a really great family.
The main reason for the trip was for my friends Jaymi and Daniel’s wedding, in which I was a bridesmaid. But I also made time to see many friends and a trip to Orange County to see the family.
You would fall asleep before I could list every fun part of the trip, but here are some highlights:
- Being reunited with High Dive french fries. I truly miss that bar so much.
- Five nights of sleepovers with Amber. It was like we were roomies again, finding ourselves in sitcom-worthy misadventures, laughing incessantly and me copying everything Amber did like an annoying little sister.
- Everything about the wedding. But most of all, Amber and I eating greasy Mexican food with Jaymi and Daniel — in their hotel room, on their wedding night, while watching Tosh.O.
- Dipping my feet in the Pacific Ocean, even if I constantly had “yucky toes.”
- Team Sarah hitting up all the usual joints, as well as a new one.
- An impromptu pool party at the Hilton Gaslamp Quarter.
- Feeling completely natural as if I had never left San Diego at all.
So today I start the grind again. Back to work and regular life in the Burgh.
I had such an amazing time in San Diego, but I am looking forward to future adventures in Pittsburgh this fall and hopefully some more traveling!